3D Systems 2014-2018
Global Account Manager – 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
Generated over $7M in printer and resin sales for several key Fortune 500 technology OEM accounts. 1st Account Exec to sell a Figure 4 Production DLP 3D Printer for 3D printing production, using a TCO approach. 1st Account Exec. to place a Figure 4 at a University. Identified the”Foundry on a Cart” commercial kit concept for 3D Systems’ 2500IC.
In addition to Key Accounts, Provided leadership on strategic relationships with:
- UDRI Dayton, which as the 1st public install of Figure 4, which initiated UDRI led team winning USAF sustainability grant
- SAE : Partnership development : Joint Training & March 2018 survey / SAE World Congress: 3DS Metals AM
- EWI : Oct. presentation on AM tech. to 100+ members. Recruited the 2019 EWI conference to Littleton CO
- SC MEP: Alliance Development Presented Internet of Things and 3D Printing at the 2018 SC Manufacturing Conference.
- City of Rock Hill / York Tech / Winthrop which led to a $100k Innovation grant award in 2018 that drove the sale of 4 units of 3D Systems printers, and expanded regional sales via a $20k Innovation Competition. Organized a Dec 11 Innovation Open House for 3D Systems with over 130 attendees to drive participation in the 2019 Innovation Contest.
Program Manager – Technology program management at a Fortune 500 Technology customer : project implementation to spec and commercial execution of customers’ 3D printer fleets ranging in size from $4 to $20M and in fleet # from 4 to 60+. Led the 3D Systems’ entry to the Duke Head Health challenge football / army helmet.
General Electric, GE Energy / GE Power & Water 2008-2013
Senior/Lead Program Manager – Partnered with engineering, proposal pursuit, operations and finance teams to develop the next generation of products. Generated over $6M in joint R&D projects by teaming with subject matter experts and leading successful joint proposals with Government (DOE, NSF, National Labs), Commercial, and Academic sectors in the fields of Wind Turbines, Gas Turbines, Smart Grid, Robotics, Sensors, Solar, Energy Services, Advanced Materials and other emerging applied Energy technologies. Additionally, as the University Externals Manager, a ~$5M external R&D programs budget among ~ 30 National Research Universities was managed for scope, Intellectual Property, and deliverables.
GE Conceptual Design Engineer – Within the GE NTI / NPI processes, analyzed new GE gas turbine product development components with respect to anticipated customer value. Earned NY ISO (Grid Network) NYMOC certificate (Wholesale Electric Trading Market) to better understand the markets that GE engineers and sells Power Plant products into.
Rockwell Automation / Dodge Reliance Electric / Baldor Electric (Now ABB) 1999-2008
Senior Business Analyst /Product Specialist / Program Manager
- Worked jointly with sales leadership to evolve our sales teams into solutions based selling via TCO Tools
- Generated over $11 million in incremental sales for Division from use of TCO sales tools
- Lead Inventor of TCO Program: generated over $54 million in customer savings & over 1,200 TCO VOC case studies
- Presented Rockwell TCO value pricing to SME, APICS, ISM, ASQ, ASHRAE, Professional Pricing (PPS)
- Managed the sales, marketing, development, and rollout of TCO Toolbox® to 270+ users.
- TCO program featured as a best practice in March 2006 Harvard Business Review &
- Entered, won – Plant Engineering’s 2003 Gold Product of the Year for TCO Toolbox®
- TCO program in Harvard Business School Press Book: Rare Commodity…Anderson et al. 2007
We partner with our clients and follow a Match Map Model & Deliver approach.
We match the customers’ needs via interview and needs assessment.
We map those needs to the marketplace
We model the competitive offerings in a TCO Toolkit type activity based costing format
We deliver measureable results.
If our clients buy the TCO Toolkit SaaS they can monitor the suppliers’ adherance to the results.
If you follow Malcom Gladwell’s definition of an “Expert” = 10,000 hours in a craft, Joe is:
An Expert in Total Cost of Ownership / Business Value Analysis in the B2B Engineered offering space
A near Expert in 3D Printing for Production. (2080 work hours in a year X .60 X 6 years = 7500 hours)
We can help you reduce the risks of your next implementation, and lower your Total Cost of Ownership.
Contact Us today for a brief teleconference review.